Thai Chicken-Broccoli Wraps are just as awesome as the name suggests. I have been a fan of Thai food always. Usually when you talk about a Thai wrap, it is wrapped in a fragrant Pandan leaf (R). However, here we see how to make one with the tortillas which is readily available in our nearby stores and makes the recipe quick and handy.
This is a real easy and a quick technique to prepare really. The not just taste amazing but also does good to your health. Broccoli has a lot of health benefits Broccoli is a great source of vitamins K and C. It is also a good source of foliate (folic acid) and also contains potassium, fiber. Including this broccoli into the wrap not just makes it fancy but makes it nutritious.
Ingredients to prepare for the Thai Chicken-Broccoli wrap:
- 6 pieces of 8 inches plain, red, and/or green flour tortillas – whichever is available at your nearby store. If you want to prepare the tortillas at home, please read below.
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper powder
- ¾ pound boneless chicken breast strips for stir-frying
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil or olive oil
- 4 cups shredded fresh broccoli (broccoli slaw mix)
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin slices
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger (you could use the readymade ginger mix, but I personally prefer the fresh ginger and use it)
Directions to make tortillas:
Like I said, you could easy buy a tortilla from your nearby stores. However, if you want to try making fresh tortilla at home for the base to the wrap, then please read below:
- In a large bowl, take and mix flour and salt.
- Whisk it with water and oil.
- Divide dough into equal small portions. Roll each portion into a 7-inches circle by applying light flour to the surface.
- In a non-stick pan, add some cooking oil (spray if possible).
- Cook tortillas over medium heat for 1 minute on each side until it turns brown each side.
Directions to make Peanut Sauce:
- In a small saucepan, combine ¼ cup of sugar and ¼ cup of peanut butter.
- Add 3 table spoon of soy sauce and water about 3 tbs.
- Add 1 table spoon of minced garlic.
- Heat this mixture until the sugar dissolves. Keep stirring frequently until the mixture turns out to be of a sauce texture.
Directions to make Chicken Broccoli Wraps:
- If you are using the homemade tortillas then you could just go to the 2nd step directly.
- In case of tortillas from the stores, just wrap it in a paper towel and put it in the microwave on a high power for 30 seconds to let it soften. You can also use foil to wrap the tortilla and heat it.
- Take a small bowl and combine garlic salt plus ½ table spoon pepper. Add the chicken and coat it equally from all sides by tossing it.
- In a large pan, cook and stir this seasoned chicken in hot oil with medium heat for about 3 to 4 minutes and make sure to thoroughly cook it. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the vegetables now – broccoli, onion, and ginger to the pan. Sauté/ cook and stir for 3 minutes until vegetables are crisp and tender.
- To bring together, spread 1 tablespoon of Peanut sauce to each tortilla. Top it up with chicken strips and vegetable mix.
- Roll up each tortilla, and to secure it, use a toothpick.
- Serve immediately with the peanut sauce.
That was the recipe for the yummy Thai Chicken-Broccoli Wrap in fewer than 30 minutes. This is an easy recipe and filled with nutritious broccoli.
Enjoy it with some side salad. I am sure this is another good way to serve the broccoli to your kids if they otherwise do not have it.
Just to add, for enhancing the taste, you could put in some feta cheese along with oregano sprinkled.
Thanks for reading, and please write to us. We love to hear from you.