Everybody really waits for this time of the year. Spending it with your family and close friends is always the best way to celebrate the Thanksgiving day. And more than anything the Traditional Thanksgiving Dinner Menu List is completely tantalizing. Oh yes, all of you would agree that this day we would not like to compromise on the traditional American Thanksgiving dinner at any cost 🙂
We honestly get super excited thinking about holidays especially the ones where we can spend it with our family. Wow! Can’t wait for it already isn’t it? Admit it, the list of things to do is already ready for this year’s thanksgiving – shopping, menu list, etc. No one can get enough of the thanksgiving deals either, we can wait the whole year just to shop at the Black Friday (R) and be as spend thrifty as possible. This feeling of gratitude and happiness that comes along with the thought of Thanksgiving is such a feeling we all believe in. This feeling exaggerates when you make a traditional thanksgiving dinner menu list and call up friends, family to host up a dinner at your place. If you haven’t done it yet, or done it in the past, let us try and get our heads to make an amazing Thanksgiving dinner menu list this year. Agree it is a lot of effort, but we will try to help you out here not just to know the traditional menu, but also some additive quick side dishes that you can make to impress your guests and make a lovely tempting American Thanksgiving dinner.
Traditional American thanksgiving dinner menu list contains the below:
- Perfect Roast Turkey & luscious gravy
- Roasted Sweet Potato Casserole with Praline.
- Mashed Potatoes
- Cranberry sauce
- Cheese Grits and Corn Pudding.
- Green Beans with Bacon.
- Pumpkin Pie with Walnut Crust.
- Apple Cider or sparkling wine.
Also can add some quick sides to this list to make it fancier:
- Marvin Woods’s Brussels Sprouts, Red Pepper, and Avocado Salad.
- Potato and Celery Root Gratin.
- Cracked Pepper Dinner Rolls.
- Broccoli Saute
- Roasted Baby Potatoes with Rosemary and Garlic
Like we said earlier, it is fairly with you how much of it you would want to prepare really. But just remember to have a complete menu from dinner to dessert.
1.Let’s start with the our very own favorite Roasted Turkey without which the Thanksgiving is really empty and incomplete. Some tips that would help you to make it moist and juicy this time.
- Drooling already with the thought of a nicely cooked roasted turkey? Well, we cannot settle for anything lesser than a perfectly roasted delicious Turkey just on this day.
- All you need to remember is to choose a fresh turkey instead of a frozen one such that it cooks well and tastes fresh and better.
- Also, another good suggestion to make here is to roast two small turkeys rather than one large one which not only consumes a lot of time, but also doesn’t let us know if has cooked completely from within.
- Once you are Brine (R) the turkey. When you salt a turkey, the meat juices are initially drawn out through the process of osmosis (R). As the salt dissolves in these juices, it forms what amounts to a very thick brine, and makes it a very soft meat by breaking the protein in it.
- Next, you apply a layer of soft butter under the skin.
- Further, you roast the turkey upside down at first and remember not to over cook as it will make it taste soggy.
- Now, let the turkey rest before carving it and enjoy the delicious Thanksgiving turkey.
- Rich and luscious turkey gravy is an essential part of Traditional American Thanksgiving dinner. Choose from gravy recipes flavored with white wine, bourbon, cider, or simply delicious pan drippings
- This gravy is prepared in the pan once the turkey is done. Add flour to the turkey drippings to make the gravy thick and smooth.
For further information and ways to cook , there are a few great videos online to see how to make gravy from the turkey drippings. Pretty simple and comes out great always.
2.Next we speak about the famous and all time favorite Roasted Sweet Potato Casserole with Praline. Some quick tips to just make sure it tastes the best this Thanksgiving dinner.
- Always remember to butter the casserole dish. It is important to grease it so that it does not burn from the bottom and stick to the dish which gets annoying as well.
- Make it a habit to preheat oven before cooking such dishes, helps to bake better even although in this case a casserole needs to be baked for a long time anyway. You can preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grab a mixing bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, sugar, vanilla extract, eggs and cream.
- Prepare the topping by combining the butter, brown sugar, flour and pecans. …
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
You can add your own favorite to make it taste different like cinnamon and marshmallows for taste and texture both! Ah, mouthwatering one we can imagine baking in your kitchen. Let us know how it turned out for you.
3.Let’s talk about our very own favorite yet simple mashed potatoes. It is a very easy cum tasty food which is mandatory in the menu list for this day.
- Take a pot and add the potatoes to boil. Add salt to it such that the potatoes soak this salt equally and cook quicker. Should not take you more than 15 minutes really.
- Once done, check it by piercing a thin knife/ fork or a toothprick at the centre of the potato to make sure it has boiled completely. Now, drain the water
- In a small saucepan, add some butter and milk and heat over a low flame. Using a potato masher or a beater, blend the mixture enough to form a thick gravy structure and lump free.
- Add seasonings to it like chopped green chilies and some pepper and it is ready to be served.
4.Again a very simple but a must have in the menu list would be the tasty Cranberry Sauce.
- Take about less than pound of fresh cranberries. I personally prefer fresh ones to the frozen for the better taste but honestly it doesn’t really matter much.
- Put this into a small bowl and add a cup of sugar and lemon zest to it along with a little water (About 2 spoons) to a pan. Let it cook for 10 minutes in a very low flame.
- keep stirring to melt the sugar and until the cranberries burst.
- Add sugar, salt and pepper to taste and your amazing yummy cranberry sauce is ready to be served once cooled down to the room temperature.
5.Right, so now we speak about Cheese Grits and Corn Pudding. Surely the traditional Thanksgiving dinner menu list remains incomplete without this. We assume kids really enjoy each bit of this pudding as well. Let’s speak about some tips on how making it in a simple yet delicious way for this Thanksgiving
- As the tradition goes, we mentioned to preheat the oven, again for this dish, we will need to preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- We do not take a very huge container, but a small saucepan and heat it to bring it to the medium level, bring milk to a simmer.
- Here comes the tricky bit where we add 1/2 teaspoon salt and stir constantly, adding grits in a slow, steady flow. Continue cooking, stirring midway occasionally, until it thickens, maybe for about 25 minutes. Now you can transfer it to a large bowl and set aside to cool a bit.
- Meanwhile, puree, corn in a food processor or mixer and stir this corn, Cheddar cheese along with 2 egg yolks into grits. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In a large bowl, beat egg whites until it turns into a stiff form. Using a rubber spatula preferably since it goes gently on the eggs, fold egg whites in 1/3rd and finally add it into the corn mixture.
- Now, set on a baking pan. Bake until puddings puffs up, 40 to 45 minutes, depending on the quantity of the mixture.
Viola! The Cheese Grits and Corn Pudding is ready to be devoured.
6.Wont you fancy some Green Beans wrapped in Bacon? Sounds tough, but believe it, it’s pretty simple and mark my words everyone will have an eye on this as it looks very stylish. Quick tips? Sure, please read ahead and enjoy
- Take the fresh beans in a large saucepan and cover with water to bring to a boil. Remember not to over boil it that it looses its shape and feels soggy.
- Drain the beans; and prepare to make the bundles now.
- You can take about 12 beans and place it on each bacon strip. Wrap bacon around beans like a band in it and do make a point to secure it with a toothpick. That holds the bundle in place.
- Take a small bowl, mix some butter, a little brown sugar, garlic and salt along with some soy sauce
- Brush this paste on the bundles well to make it taste better.
- As always the last step to bake the bundles at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until bacon becomes crispy.
Isn’t that enough a fancy dish on your traditional thanksgiving dinner menu list? Your guests will surely love it.
7.I know half of you reading this were waiting for this little bit where we speak about the Pumpkin Pie with Walnut Crust.
- Take a large bowl, mix the flour, walnuts, granulated sugar, and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Blend the mixture so as to resemble coarse crumbs.
- Remember here to use only ice-cold water over mixture to mix and bring it together to form a dough. Do not make it too dry or too wet, keep it soft and a little moist.
- Next, take half of the dough and pat it into a disk, wrap tightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate minimum for about 30 minutes or up to 2 days. Repeat with the other half.
- While you are making the crust, make sure to moisten the dough on the rim of the pie plate with water and gently press braid onto the rim and refrigerate. For 20-30 minutes.
- As always, we keep saying, preheat oven. Here, preheat it to 425 degrees F. In a large bowl, whisk and mix brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and cloves.
- The tricky part is now to add pumpkin, milk, and eggs and whisk for 1 minute to combine. Make sure it does combine well without lumps etc.
- Place the previously chilled pie crust on a baking pan and pour in pumpkin mixture to bake it for 10 minutes. You can gradually reduce the heat to 350 degrees F to allow it to bake from the center throughout the cake evenly.
- Now, once baked, remove the cake and let it cool down
- A very good additive tip here is to refrigerate the pie after covering it with a plastic or food wrap for 2 days easily.
There you go, you are absolutely ready for the traditional thanksgiving menu list for this year and surprise your friends and family with these delicious dishes. Yes, the very important Apple Cider or sparkling wine surely does not need you to prepare really, just buy them from the nearby stores and sit back and enjoy your Thanksgiving with your beloved family and friends. Like we said earlier, there could be many more dishes in the traditional American Thanksgiving dinner, but honestly, what matters is – you cook what you like to eat and enjoy.
Please try these and share it across as well. Do write to us as you already know we love to hear from you always. Happy reading!